Update: MindManager 9.2 for Windows is now available!
Topic alerts allow you to schedule alerts such as reminders and recurrences to specific topics. The alerts operate independent of MindManager. So you can still receive alerts without the need to have MindManager open. If you want to go directly to the map you are being alerted on, simply click on the alert and you will be directed to the specific map and map topic of interest.
Support for Task Duration Less Than 1 Hour
Have you ever noticed that when setting your task durations under 1 day (e.g. 5 hours) that the corresponding Gantt view still shows a full day? This visualization now shows the actual duration for each day and the ability to show multiple tasks to occur in the same day. This will allow you to have a more accurate representation of tasks and their dependencies within any given project.
Gantt View Filtering
We’ve now extended your ability to filter to the Gantt chart. That means that any filtering of your map can now be reflected in the Gantt view. This is especially helpful if you want a side-by-side view of your filtered map and its related timeline.
Quick Access Toolbar Support
If you use MindManager the way I do, you rely heavily on your customized Quick Access Toolbar. Version 9.2 has added full support for Backstage commands (File menu commands) so you can work more efficiently. Add common commands such as Import, Export, Save All, and Print Preview just to name a few!
Task Dependencies Now Compatible with Microsoft Project
MindManager currently allows you to show relationships between multiple tasks within a project by creating task dependencies. Prior to these new definitions, users could inadvertently violate dependency rules. With the latest fix version 9.2, that issue is a thing of the past. Now that the dependency rules and definitions match those of Microsoft Project, MindManager will restrict you from violating that dependency rule.
MindManager 9.2 also enables:
- Faster start-up for new maps – Just double click on a blank area on the workbook tabs bar to begin a new map!
- Faster formatting with the mini-toolbar – Just right click a topic to see the mini-toolbar with options for text, topic and layout formatting.
- Relationships preview and hints – See partial relationships when one of the related topics is hidden. If you point your cursor to the end of a relationship, a hint will show the name of the related topic.
- Copy and paste marker groups – Now you can re-create your favorite marker groups by copying and pasting them between maps.
- Outlook queries support for multiple accounts – Now you can select and run a query on any folder in any email account in your Outlook profile.
- High-contrast topic lines option for printing maps – Use high-contrast topic lines when printing your map for better visibility on high-resolution printers.
If you are interested in downloading this service pack (version 9.2), please visit our Download Library under the Support section of the Mindjet website.Related