MindManager Version 9 for Windows is Here!

Mindjet

August 9, 2010

MindManager version 9 for windows logo

We are very proud to announce that the highly anticipated release of MindManager Version 9 for Windows is now available for purchase! MindManager v9 is all about delivering what you have been asking for: dramatically improved performance, productivity, and project planning enhancements that get you from concept to completion faster!

So what’s all the fuss about? MindManager v9 now offers the following new and enhanced capabilities:

• Interactive Slide Shows—Improve collaboration with MindManager’s map-based interactive slides shows
  • Microsoft PowerPoint Integration—Easily share your concepts and ideas with others using the enhanced PowerPoint export
  • Integrated Project and Work Planning—Simplify your planning with our new integrated timeline view (Gantt chart) and highlight over or underutilized resources to proactively address scheduling conflicts
  • Microsoft Outlook Integration—View and organize Outlook emails, contacts, notes, tasks or meetings in context within your map without having to switch applications

Beyond these major improvements, we’ve also made many other improvements including:

• Enhanced usability and interface improvements
  • Significantly faster performance
  • Integration with Microsoft Office 2010
  • Improved integrations with Office applications
  • Brand new galleries of images, icons, and map templates
  • And much, much more…

Ready to have MindManager Version 9?
Download the 30 day trial or Buy it now!

MindManager 30 day trial
Buy now MindManager

Customers are already falling in love with the all new MindManager:

“MindManager is the single most useful tool I’ve found for planning and managing even the most complex programs and projects. Having participated in the beta testing of the new product, I am extremely impressed with the new features and functionality.  Most notably, the incorporation of Gantt charts and improved presentations makes what already was a must-have solution even more powerful.”

Jack B. (Jeb) McIntyre, PMP, CISA, ITIL Expert and Managing Partner, Applied Information Technologies, Inc.

For those of you who are new MindManager and what it can do for you, take a look at this brief video and see how MindManager can rock your world by allowing you to:

• Capture Ideas and Information
  • Organize and Prioritize
  • Brainstorm Visually
  • Create Actionable Project Plans

Stay tuned for the upcoming blog series: What’s New in MindManager 9? In this blog series we will drill into these new features and illustrate why MindManager 9 will blow you away!

Read the full press release:

MindManager Version 9 Demonstrates Business Productivity Benefits of Mindjet’s Next Generation Software

Tight Integration of Visual Information Mapping with Microsoft Office, Web Services and Core Business Systems Helps Business Professionals Work More Efficiently

San Francisco – August 10, 2010 – Mindjet®, the leading provider of software and web- based applications for visually organizing and managing information and ideas, today announced the general availability of version 9 of its visual information mapping software, MindManager.  MindManager gives information workers the resources they need to see the big picture and all the relevant details needed for analysis and planning, within a single, easily edited view. MindManager, already used by over 1.5 million business professionals worldwide, is taking a quantum leap forward with this new release of its flagship product. This latest version greatly enhances the usability of Mindjet’s award-winning application, allowing it to integrate more seamlessly with users other MS Office applications, web services and collaboration platforms.

Business professionals are inundated by an overwhelming amount of content, communication and information that stifles productivity and creativity. With new features including an enhanced integration with the Microsoft ® Office suite, one-click Outlook integration and ability to connect with Microsoft SharePoint®, MindManager provides a single environment that professionals can use to unify and organize diverse information.  Mindjet continues to accelerate planning, development and creativity to complete projects more successfully, accomplish more and improve communication.

“For people who have never used mind mapping software before, MindManager Version 9 promises to be the easiest version of this program to use, ever. For corporate IT departments that can’t quite understand why they should deploy a visual mapping tool like MindManager, the SharePoint integration is the coup de grace,” said Chuck Frey, author of the Mind Mapping Software Blog.

With this new release, MindManager becomes the one-stop destination for working on any kind of project. Within MindManager, users have access to tight integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office to keep the constant stream of information for a project organized in one easy-to-access location, a visualization and dashboard tool for any SharePoint environment with MindManager Explorer for SharePoint and collaboration tools, real-time map co-editing and web based document storage with Mindjet Catalyst.

Key Features in MindManager Version 9 for Windows:

• Microsoft Outlook® Integration – Features more powerful integration with Microsoft Outlook tasks, emails, notes, calendar items and contacts to easily bring relevant information from Outlook directly into your MindManager maps for greater access and visibility into your projects and work. Synchronized branches of Outlook tasks can be added to maps and visualized in MindManager’s integrated Gantt chart.
  • Microsoft PowerPoint® Integration – Users can now easily use MindManager to research and map out presentations and then export their ideas from MindManager directly into PowerPoint slides to accomplish more, faster.
  • Interactive Slide Shows – Unlike ‘broadcast’ presentations, MindManager introduces a new way to present and collaborate on concepts, strategies and plans. Users can launch interactive slide shows directly within MindManager to review selected portions of their map, solicit feedback and update their map content directly in each slide.
  • Gantt Chart and Resource Views – Individuals can view task and project plan timelines in MindManager’s integrated and synchronized Gantt chart. Updates can be made to maps by adjusting the Gantt chart or by making changes directly into a map. The resource views highlight when individuals are over or underutilized in both your map and the Gantt chart.
  • MindManager Explorer for SharePoint (sold separately)– Visualizes SharePoint content in MindManager’s easy-to-use dynamic maps. With bi-directional SharePoint integration, users can more easily discover, aggregate and update their SharePoint content from one or more SharePoint sites.

“Mindjet’s users have always understood the benefits of visually organizing information, data, content and documents and how this drives innovation and increases productivity,” said Scott Raskin, CEO of Mindjet. “The latest release of MindManager Version 9 reinforces the idea that organizing information in a visual manner will dramatically improve an organization’s productivity, creativity and business output. MindManager is now evolving from a product that makes project management easier and more organized, to the must-have tool that businesses and individuals use to capture, organize and present all of the information needed do get the job done right.”

MindManager Version 9 for Windows is available in three languages: English, German and French, and can be purchased through www.Mindjet.com for $349 for new users or for a limited time, $149 for an upgrade.

Supporting Resources

About Mindjet

Mindjet provides productivity software that helps business professionals visually organize and act upon ideas, information and resources to drive productivity, team effectiveness and business innovation. Mindjet products include industry-leading software and online services centered on information mapping, as well as applications that incorporate Mindjet’s innovative visualization technology to improve the usability of leading business applications, including Microsoft SharePoint and Salesforce.com.  More than 1.5 million people around the world use Mindjet software to clarify thinking, efficiently analyze information, increase team productivity, and make better-informed decisions.

Used by business professionals in 44 of BusinessWeek’s 50 “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Mindjet solutions dramatically boost productivity and team effectiveness. Surveys across several industries show that Mindjet can increase productivity by up to 25 percent by making meetings, common communications and project management tasks more efficient and effective. Mindjet products are available for free trial or purchase at www.mindjet.com/products/overview, through salesforce.com AppExchange, and through an extensive partner network at www.mindjet.com/community/partners/overview. Mindjet is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.

Contact Information
Barbara DeConto

Text 100 for Mindjet

415.593.8425

barbarad@text100.com

# # #

58 Responses to “MindManager Version 9 for Windows is Here!”

1. cuevana

Hi my loved one! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all vital infos. I would like to look more posts like this .

2. pmp pdu

Its such as you learn my thoughts! You appear to grasp so much about this, like you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you could do with a few % to force the message house a little bit, however other than that, this is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

3. pmi pdu

I am now not positive where you are getting your info, however great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out much more or figuring out more. Thanks for excellent information I used to be looking for this information for my mission.

4. Peter

This is a minor bug report for Mindmanager 9. Should be easy to fix?

The blinking cursor that marks the insertion point color does not change color adequately to remain visible when moving to differently colored parts of the screen.

For example, I am very partial to the organization chart-blue color scheme in the template folder. I think it is actually one of the reasons that I will upgrade. But on floating topics, the thin black cursor against the medium gray background is invisible. I have no idea where it is.

The cursor either needs to change to white or be significantly thicker so you eye can catch it.

5. ghd hair straightener

Thanks for the response Michael. Must say I am very disappointed. I have been using MM since V3.5 & have helped spread its us in the places I have worked – MM7 is a ‘shadow’ of the windows version. I feel I am being punished for being an early adopter.

6. MikeP

I’ve been a “day 1″ upgrader since MM3 (mostly at my own expense). I’m starting to realise the improvements with each release are always useful but inevitably fall short of expectation. Sorry to say MM9 is proving no different. Having struggled with the truly execrable JCVGantt Pro I was really pleased to see Gantt functionality “properly” built into MM9. However, at this stage, the implementation leaves a lot to be desired (may be my misunderstanding so would be happy to be put right):rnrn- Charts have to be re-opened when the mind map is openedrn- column widths or panel sizing isn’t rememberedrn- No milestone (zero duration) taskrn- New task (topic) creates at the end of the table i.e. doesn’t insert in the line below current taskrn- Dragging the newly created task crashes MM9 – all previous actions have to be repeated on restartrn- Inability to export Gantt chart as a graphic or slide (pdf half works but lines don’t render cleanly)rn- Inflexibility in scaling/formatting the timelinern- etcrnrnThe basic functionality is still worth it’s weight in gold. And to be fair the performance is better in MM9. But after 6 upgrades my forgiveness of rough edges and glitches is really wearing thin. The Word export is still the same old “ransom note” style, the Office 2010 ribbon is only half implemented (non-customisable) etc. At 93 GBP for the upgrade, IMHO, it’s over-priced by about 70 GBP. rnrnPerhaps the inevitable updates will help? At present I gudgingly feel I was right to upgrade but not at all pleased with the quality or value for moneyrnrn

7. Bob K

I’m a long-time fan of MM and habitual early-adopter of new releases; MM9 was no exception. I was ecstatic to see Gantt integration and overall it does seem faster, though few complaints before (on Win/Vista). I do have a few release-specific observations and suggestions. nn–> The apparent inability to put Print-related commands (e.g., Print Preview) in the Quick-bar is limiting. Perhaps I simply haven’t yet figured out how. Print-preview & Print were in my MM8 Quick-bar. nn–> Export to Word/Outline. Formatting of output documents is typically very unattractive. Combination of numbering/bulleting + indentation is buggy and always requires extensive formatting rework in my experience. Perhaps I could improve my topic construction or export parameter specifications to make it more compatible with the conversion logic. I’m open to learning. nn–> I like the flexible side-by-side display option for Map / Gantt views. nn–> No Gantt “Today” vertical reference bar. I don’t see a ‘Today’ vertical reference bar on the Gantt chart view. Especially with more compressed scale views, this is essential for gaining a visual-visceral sense for where things stand. nn–> The Gantt window area could be more UI-feature-rich. (e.g., right click on the project information field-heading bar does nothing; same with the Gantt time-scale area). Would like to be able to create dependencies by click-dragging between Gantt bars in the scale area. Would like to be able to adjust Progress status by click-dragging along the Gantt bar. nn–> Printing options appear somewhat limited (unless I am missing something). At the very least, they are not intuitive to me (e.g., I have not figured out how to print the Gantt chart by itself). nnThat said, let me re-emphasize that I am ecstatic with the PM-related enhancements added in MM9 and I already prefer its native integration vs. the former combination of MM and JCV-Gantt in MM8. As a time-invested user, and evaluation checkpoint regarding our own organization’s software adoption policies, I am eager to see the product continue to advance and drive business value through cost savings (via competing product displacement) and increased productivity. nnMany thanks, Bob.

8. Mindjet Fan

I’m mindjet fan from version 6. But yesterday after I buy MM9 and install It keep on report windows error after I close program. I notice that it first happen when I use gantt chart and assign start /end date. After that it keep report error everytime I close program. Maybe MM9 has problem with Windows XP SP3. I’m waiting the solution from mindjet support. I think I’ll go back to MM8 which is more stable in Windows XP.

• Kiatlc

I face same problem with you. If I close by clicking the upper right X sign, it will report error. Close by upper left command seems to work ok.nnBesides, creating new file from template will report error! You test it and let me know if I am the only one with this problem? Some of my friends tell me the same thing.nnI am win XP SP3 as well

• Garrett

It looks like the best way to solve this is with a standard repair. nn1. Close MindManager & all office applications 2. Go to “Start – Settings – Control panel – Add/Remove programs”n3. Choose MindManager, then click “Change”n4. Click “Next” and chose the option to Repair the installation.nnLet me know if this helps you out.

• Cshrookie

I have the same problem! When creating new file from template, it keeps reporting error! What can I do to resolve this problem?

9. 2010?????????????????DMP2010?

2010?????????????????DMP2010?
    12th China Dongguan International Machinery&Materials Exhibition

?????2010?11?17?20?
    ?????????????????????
    DMP?????? ????????3000???, 900????, 80,000??????
    ??????????????????????????
    ????: ????????????????????????????
    ????:????????????
    ??????? ???18721514206 ???021-63045419-219
    ???021-64181136 QQ?453222235 ???guantiesong@xt-sh.com

????????????????????
    12th China Dongguan International Plastics, Packaging & Rubber Exhibition

?????
    ?????????DMP2009????? 2009????????????7.5%?2008?????????????10.4%?2008?????????????16%?2008?1-10???????????21887????????24%?2008?1-10??????????5778????????13%???????26%???????2008????????????557????????20?. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????32???5?????????????15?000????????????????????2009?11?18-21????[????????????]????????????????????????????????????????????17%???10?????
    ????????????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????????????????

?????
    ? ??2009??????43108???
    ?? 2147? ???757? ????62200?
    ?????2010?????50000???

9? ????????????????????????
    10? ???????
    11? ?????????
    12? ??????????????????????????????????????

?????
    ???;?3mX3m??
    ??? RMB:16200? ???? RMB:1700/?
    ?????3mX3m??
    ??? RMB:6800?????RMB:715/?
    ?????3-5???9??6???8.5??7??????8?

?????
    ????????????????????????????
    ??????????? ???18721514206
    ???021-63045419-219 ???021-64181136
    Q Q: 453222235 MSN:gumuyousi@hotmail.com
    E-mail:guantiesong@xt-sh.com
    ?????????1????????1005??200023?

10. ????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????······

?????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????high ???????????????????··??···

???????····

11. ?????????????????????????

?????????????????????????
    ???????????????–????????????????????????????????????????????“???? ????”???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? –

???????03?9?3?????????????????????????????????????100%?????100%?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? –

???????????????????????100%??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? –

-???????????????????????

[????]? –

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????“???? ????”?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? –

[????]? –

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? –

[????]? –

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????
    ???www.zscha.com
    ???zschacom@163.com
    ???0595-23222135
    ???15159801118
    Q Q?1289656955
    ???????????????8?

12. ???????????

????????????????????????????????8??????????????????204??????????2????????????4???????????6?????????????????????????????????,????????????????, ???????????,?????????.

13. ????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.
    ???????????????????
    ??????0373-6999999
    ?????15236633711
    ?????0373-6999999

14. Sharky101

When are mindmanager 8 users going to be sent the free update to version 9 for those who qualify?

15. Sharky101

• Garrett

If you purchased your license after July 12th you should have received your update in an email on the 10th. Please check all your email filters as it might have been caught there. Support will also be able to verify your information.

16. stephan

Just wondering – what is the time frame for the Mac version? How will it compare feature wise? I'm torn between the feature set of MM9 for Windows (which I'd have to run in Parallels) and the native usability of MM8 for Mac.

17. stephan

• Santiago2212

It’s gonna be like with mindmanager 8: They are going to keep us waiting for years, and after all a lite lite lite lite lite version of mind manger 9 for mac (which is 8 with a new number) comes out. After everyones pissed mindjet says: oooohhh we didn’t know you dumb mac user would need a professional tool, and we didn’t know you would pay that much to get it!

Mindjet doesn’t care for us mac fools …

• Garrett

Santiago,

Mac is a very important product line for us, and the market only continues to grow with the amazing success that Apple as a company is having. With that said we are hard at work on a new Mac release. I don’t have any dates to share with you but as more information about the product becomes available to me I will make sure to pass it along.

Garrett

18. MarsKy

So I was looking for a reason to upgrade from version 6 and… it's faster. Significantly.
    I use MindManager to manage the breakdown of systems and structures on offshore installations. And use the notes to record the requirements, regulations, standards, etc., associated with these systems and structures. And show dependency and interaction relationships between these systems and structures.
    So I have a map with several hundred branches and notes, and it scrolls around more smoothly and faster. (I was hoping the Topic Notes editor would have been improved – numbered bullets anyone?)
    The Gantt chart is also a help in getting a better overview of managing tasks assoicated with my work. So all-in-all, I'll be pleased to upgrade.

• Garrett

I am very happy to hear that you are as happy with MindManager v9 as we are, it is a big step up. Your maps sound extremely robust and I am please to know that we were able to make them even more useful by speeding up the software. Your idea about the topic notes is a good one and I will definitely pass that along to our product team.

• Michael Deutch

That's great! You should try breaking your larger maps into slides to easily jump around and update different sections.

• MarsKy

Layering would be more useful :-)
        I'm lucky to have a 30″ 2560×1600 screen, so slide views offer limited benefits to me.
        But is there a way to set a default size in the slide view (i.e. 100% or whatever, instead of the 169% it keeps jumping to)?

1.  windows office key
  2.  Office For Mac 2011
  3.  depression what
  4.  Bob
  5.  computer tricks n tips,computer security,pc troubleshooting,tips,pc tips
  6.  van chuyen nha tron goi Hiem Doc
  7.  MindJet adds Gantt charting to its mind mapping software - Digital Solid: Marketing Technology ROI
  8.  ToolBlog » MindManager v.9
  9.  Tweets that mention MindManager Version 9 for Windows is Here! | The Mindjet Blog -- Topsy.com