July 13, 2010 - FILED UNDER Mindjet
Mindjet Announced MindManager, Version 9 for Windows launches on August 10
It’s been a while since I’ve posted but I had to get on and share some exciting news. Last night, Mindjet made an important announcement!
That’s right. MindManager, version 9, is coming! It’ll actually be here before you know it — August 10th to be exact.
And, more importantly, we’ve packed this release with capabilities that you’ve been asking for!
MindManager 9 is built around the following three major themes:
- Accomplish more, faster: If you’re using MindManager to get your work done, and we’ve made it easier to bring relevant information into your maps with less effort. This will let you maintain perspective, work in context without having to constantly switch apps looking for the information you need to complete your work. For instance, you can tap into Outlook’s wealth of emails, tasks, notes, etc.. and bring in any or all of that information into your maps. Our new Outlook integration is built upon either pre-defined or simple-to-create queries that synchronize information with MindManager. You’ll setup your Outlook branch once and it’ll continue to refresh and present up-to-date content without any additional effort on your part. What will you do with that info? Make better plans, strategies and decisions!
- Planning for everyone: We recognize that many professional project managers use MindManager for developing plans. But we asked the question, what about the rest of us? The marketers, developers, HR managers, etc… We need planning tools that let us build out quick lists of the things we need to get done in order to make any plan a reality. MindManager does just that. In MindManager, Version 9, we let you build out a plan and then, instantly, visualize it in our new integrated project schedule (Gantt chart). We also provide guidance by highlighting where trouble spots exist (e.g. if someone is assigned too many tasks to complete on any given day).
- Communicate more effectively: We’re also excited about a brand new way to present your mapped concepts, strategies and plans. With the new MindManager slide show, you can create slides from any topic within your map. Unlike other presentation software apps which let you ‘broadcast’ your message, MindManager’s slides are still interactive, letting you collaborate instead of simply present ideas. Capture feedback, track new action items, and evolve your content while delivering your presentation.
Beyond these major improvements, we’ve also made many improvements including:
- Enhanced usability and interface improvements
- Significantly faster performance
- Integration with Microsoft Office 2010
- Improved integrations with Office applications
- Brand new galleries of images, icons, and map templates
- And much, much more…
Stay tuned for more news as we get closer to August 10th!Related