Mindjet MindManager Player Explained

Mindjet

January 22, 2010

helpful_tips_imageOne of the best new features of Mindjet MindManager is the ability to share your maps in fully functional .PDF’s, otherwise known as a Player file. This gives you the ability to share your map with other people without them owning the product.

The video below goes into more than just simply creating and sharing a Mindjet Player file, but to create one it’s just a few quick steps.

1. Click the Export tab –> Export as Mindjet Player
  2. Export as a .PDF file
  3. Share the file in an email as a normal attachment.

The file will open in Adobe Reader just like any other .PDF and is a full fidelity map.

Are there any other features or tips and tricks you would like explained or featured? Let us know in the comments.

31 Responses to “Mindjet MindManager Player Explained”

1. Cbravery

Most of the SWF’s (and probably PDF player) files I’ve exported in the past have started with the map collapsed.  Today I’ve created a map which I’d like to default to being partially collapsed (e.g. 1 or 2 levels) but it seems to save it as fully expanded – which makes it daunting and messy on opening.  Am I missing a setting that ensures it starts collapsed?  I might be comparing v9 with 2012 to some degree here, but I’m fairly sure the last couple didn’t open in the web browser fully expanded.  Can anyone help?

PS: I ahve no problems with PDF viewer or swf in web browsers but some people I send my maps to can’t use the PDF player, especially at work (presumably down to version etc).  But I’m extremely happy with the way they work on my website and excluding this question the only problem I have is that the lay-out can change a bit which is annoying when you’ve laid it out as you want it.  Otherwise they are GREAT!

2. ghd hair straightener

I have a map with several hundred branches and notes, and it scrolls around more smoothly and faster. (I was hoping the Topic Notes editor would have been improved – numbered bullets anyone?)

3. ugg boots for sale

It looks good,I have learn a recruit!Recently,I found an excellent online sti [url=http://www.air-jordan-9.com]air jordan 9[/url] like it it [url=http://www.louis-vuitton-outlet-store.com/louis-vuitton-handbags.html]louis vuitton handbags[/url]ni [url=http://www.bootonlineshop.co.uk]ugg boots for sale[/url]nore, the are completely various, good quality and cheap price,itu2019s worth buying!like [url=http://www.nike-air-force-one.com/Nike-Air-Force-1-low.html]Nike Air Force 1 Low[/url]

4. ugg boots for sale

i [url=http://www.bootonlineshop.co.uk]ugg boots for sale[/url]
    ore, the are completely various, good quality and cheap price,it’s worth buying!like [url=http://www.nike-air-force-one.com/Nike-Air-Force-1-low.html]Nike Air Force 1 Low[/url]

5. air jordan 9

Here elaborates the matter not only extensively but also detailly .I support the
    write's unique point.It is useful and benefit to your daily life.You can go those
    sits to know more relate things.They are strongly recommended by friends.Personally!

6. Penny Hardaway Shoes

sits to know more relate things.They are nostalgic-pushead.com strongly recommended by friends.Personally

7. Penny Hardaway Shoes

8. air jordan 9

Well , the view of the passage is totally correct ,your details is really reasonable and you guy give us valuable informative post, I totally agree the standpoint of upstairs. I often surfing on this forum when I m free and I find there are so much good information we can learn in this forum!

9. Noel

I export my maps but as soon as I try to play the file it hangs. Windows 7. Latest flash player installed

• Garrett

Noel,

The best solution for this would be to talk to our support teams. It is tough to solve these issues in the comments section. You can reach them at 415-229-4200 and select option 4.

10. billfleming

The guide example is for a single map being exported to a Player PDF file.
    My presentation has multiple maps.
    I need a single Player PDF to deliver the complete presentation.
    Combining individual Player PDF files into a single multi-page PDF did not work (stalled, filed to run).
    Solution?

• MichaelDeutch

It doesn't yet package attachments but one approach would be to add the files into a cloud service like box.net and then hyperlink to the files in a map and distribute the player map.

11. Andreas Lercher

Yes, the player is a good idea, but it is still not ready to use it in business.

In the internal help of the MindManager there is a list of all unsupported elements of the Player. Have a look at it and you will see that there is not much left from the things they are already working.

12. Bob Levy

I had upgraded BECAUSE of the PDF but found MANY of the problems listed here. One of the most significant was NOT my machine, but the machine-browser-phase of the moon of the person attempting to “play”. The pdf does NOT work the same on all browsers. The “cost” of loading the multi megabyte file is VERY expensive in time. It takes a lot of explaining to people unfamiliar with Mind Mapping to get them to use. If is an excellent idea, but the implementation leaves a LOT to be desired.
    For example if the map is published as a PDF to a website will the google type search engines find any keywords?

I would really like to be able to publish REAL Mindjet maps to my website but am not holding my breath. The HTML export is good for something, I just have not figured out what.
    Looking for alternatives like theBrain, but it has more issues than Mindjet. Any suggestions?

13. Jim

Basically this feature is a bust. It doesn’t work anything like the video demo. Every map of my own that I’ve tried to convert ends up so with map formatting that is so mangled and unlike the original that the final product is just not very useful. Also it doesn’t work with PDF-Exchange PDF viewer.

• Garrett Scott

Jim,

I’m sorry that you had these problems. The best thing I can suggest is to contact our support teams: 415-229-4200 and select option 4. As far as the PDF-Exchange viewer we only support Adobe Reader 9 and up.

Again sorry you had these difficulties, but I appreciate the feedback.

Garrett

• Rick

Not everybody uses Adobe Reader. Some people use PDF-Exchange because it works better for them.
        I don't know how is it to produce a standar PDF document instead of something that only works with one specific reader.

We are paying for money for your product because we expect something functional.

Sorry if I sound a little angry. I feel a little frustated.

14. Chris

I agree with kiwispoon — this would be a fantastic feature if it was implemented locally. Most of the time it no longer works for me now. May be proxy-related, or the web service is going up or down. Either way it is no longer usable.

15. Karen

When I export to Player, it createst the PDF, but when opening the PDF it doesn’t show the map

16. Fred

In my MM8-Pro, I have the same issue. It fails. I have an active Internet connection, but behind a proxy server.

17. kiwispoon

I used this feature a lot when it was part of the local installation package. In the latest version of MM8 it is a ‘web service’ and I can not get it to work – would be create if is didn’t rely on an Internet connection!

• Nikki Ward

So any idea when we can expect a patch or something will allow us to export to PDF…

• Garrett

Which version of the software are you asking about? In MindManager 8 for windows and Mac as well as version 9 for Windows you can export to PDF.

1.  ???|??|??|??|??|??|
  2.  Tweets that mention Mindjet MindManager Player Explained « The Mindjet Blog -- Topsy.com